The key to interpreting your online email report is to become familiar with the meaning of the terms used in it. In this post, we have included a list of the major terms used, and a brief definition of each. For a full list of the terms and definitions contained in our reports, please click here.
Opens and Clicks: a report showing how many times each recipient opened an email or clicked on a link in it.
- Opens over time: a bar chart showing how many recipients opened your email over a given amount of time.
- Unique opens by email: a listing by email address of recipients who opened your email at least once.
- Opens by email: a listing, organized by email address, of each time any recipient opened your email (this report includes multiple opens for a single recipient).
- Clicks over time: a bar chart showing how many recipients clicked on links in your email over a given amount of time.
- Clicks by email: a listing, organized by email address, of each time any recipient clicked on a link in your email (this report includes multiple clicks for a single recipient).
Unopened: a list of email addresses for people who did not open your email, and whose email addresses were not bounced or unsent.
Bounced: a list of email addresses that Swiftpage attempted to send to but that were bounced back to Swiftpage’s servers. (Most often, email addresses bounce because the email address is no longer valid, a recipient’s inbox is full, or the email has been rejected by an email filter.)
Unsent: a list of email addresses to which Swiftpage did *not* attempt to send your email. There are five reasons an email might be “unsent”:
- OptOut (the recipient is on your opt-out list)
- 3bounces (the recipient is on your 3-bounce list, a list Swiftpage creates of any email addresses that bounce back to us three times in a two-month period)
- Invalid (the email address is invalid — usually a typographical error)
- Failed (Swiftpage could not process the message to the email address, most often because the address has double or triple quotation marks around it in the list you uploaded)
- Duplicate (the email address is a duplicate of another address on your list).
Create Call List: generates a Call List for the email blast you are viewing.
Note: Online reports will reflect an hourly update. Within integrations the information will be updated daily.
Need more answers? Find them here.