We’ve heard it time and again, but do we really put ourselves in the place of our customers?
“The golden rule for every business man is this: ‘Put yourself in your customer’s place.'”
– Orison Swett Marden
Questions to ask yourself
- Spend some time with your team discussing their view on the customer experience. What is working? What is broken?
- Search for your company on Google, Facebook, and Twitter. What are people saying? Why?
- Do you invite customer input or feedback? How?
- How can you go undercover as a customer in your business?
– Call Customer Service
– Send an email from a different account
– Order a product as a different person
– Ask a friend to go into your place of business and report back to you
What was your experience?
- What 3 things need to be changed about your customer’s experience?