While customizing bullets seems like a simple task, it can often be more challenging than you would think. Changing bullet colors and types, adjusting indents, and formatting the text can be complicated due to editing snafus and standard bullet limitations. A frequently asked question is “What is an easier way to format the bullet and get them just the way I want?” For more control over your bullets, try the workarounds below:
One workaround is using special characters like • or ► or ♦ with un-bulleted text. You can find these symbols in the Special characters menus on the toolbars within the Swiftpage Basic and Advanced Editors. This allows for easy normal text formatting, yet defines each line.
► Your Bullet Here
This is a great start but how do you get the indent correct for more than one line of wrapped text? A better workaround is using a two-column table and adding/removing table rows for each bullet.
- Add the table your email template with desired number of rows
- Insert your preferred special character symbol into the left column cells
- Insert your “bulleted” text into the right column
- Format your cells’ properties so that the Horizontal Alignment is set to “Left” and so that the Vertical Alignment is set to “Top”
- Format the table to your liking with your custom spacing, colors, sizes, etc.
The End Result: