Sometimes it can be challenging to get all of your ducks in a row during the email sending process. To help you out, we’ve created a little Email Sending Checklist to run through each time you are ready to send email marketing. The checklist starts with design and ends with reporting and covers everything in between. We’ve even provided a handy download to print. Happy emailing!
- Look is consistent with your brand
- Relevant images included to add interest
- Call to action is clear, concise and easy to locate
- All links work and direct to right place
- Proofread by at least 2 people
- Merge fields inserted properly
- Template tested in a variety of email clients such as Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo
ACCOUNT SEND FROM
- Check your send limit to make sure you have enough for your send
- Edit user profile for From Name and Email Address if needed
- Confirm that the From Name and Email Address match the branding of the email
SOCIAL SHARING FOOTER
- Turn ON or OFF depending on your message type
For example: ON – marketing, promotional, newsletters
OFF – maintenance or specific group of recipients (i.e. customer survey)
- Write a subject line that is relevant to the content within the email
- Confirm there are no misspellings or spammy words
- Send complete email with subject line through the Swiftpage Connect Spam Check
1. Add SpamCheck@swiftpage.com to your email safe sender list.
2. Send your Swiftpage Connect email to SpamCheck@swiftpage.com with “spTest” at the beginning of your subject.
Subject: spTest Newsletter
3. Receive an email with your Spam Check Score! View Example >
- Make necessary adjustments before send
- Double check number of contacts to ensure they should receive this email
- Segment groups based on time zones, customer status, etc.
SEND NOW OR SCHEDULE TO SEND
- Avoid weekends, Mondays and Fridays and holidays that would affect the recipients
- Check out our 2012 Email Scheduling Calendar for a comprehensive list of holidays
- Experiment over a few sends to find your ideal send day and time and make note of your findings
- If sending to a specific region, consider the time zone difference.
REPORT DOCUMENTATION SCHEDULE
- Add reminder to calendar to record results of email send within 7 days
- Take time to record results!
It may be beneficial to save results from similar emails in an Excel spreadsheet for comparison