We spend a lot of time on the blog talking about deliverability. As you know, without excellent deliverability, email marketing ROI goes down the drain. Our deliverability percentage hovers at about 97%. In the industry this is considered truly excellent.
We’ve implemented tools such as DomainKey Identied Mail (DKIM) and SPF records which are widely used in the marketplace to identify and authenticate senders. Using tools such as these, staying on top of feedback loops and maintaining relationships with ISPs all help us maintain such a high deliverability percentage for your emails. We are committed to doing our part to ensure excellent deliverability.
We are also committed to providing resources for you to help you do your part to get your emails delivered. We’ve posted a lot on this topic. You can review all of our tips and ideas here or visit the deliverability section of the website for even more insight.
Here are a few things that are important to understand about your deliverability:
- No one gets 100% deliverability.
- Bounces are usually caused by an issue with the list, not the email service provider.
- Sending too frequently can cause an decrease in deliverability over time
- Issues at ISP’s or a recipient’s domain can cause temporary reductions in deliverability, but are usually quickly resolved.
- Content may be allowed by one ISP, but not another with a stricter filter.