If you are a small business who still hasn’t jumped on the social media band wagon or if you have been questioning the benefits, these stats are for you. Social media is here, it’s staying, and small businesses will need to adopt it in order to survive.
- Americans spend more time on Facebook than any other site (source)
- 1 in 6 minutes spent online is on a social networking sites (source)
- 9 million+ small businesses use Facebook (source)
- 66% of online adults in the US use social media (source)
- Brands who post on Facebook at least 1x per day will reach 22% of their fans in a given week (source)
- 44% of SMB decision makers use social media (source)
- 50% of small business owners reported gaining new customers through social media – most notably through Facebook and LinkedIn (source)
- 51% of Facebook users and 64% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow (source)
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms (source)
- The BRANDFog 2012 CEO Survey says more than 82% of respondents are likely or much more likely to trust a company whose CEO and team engage in social media. (source)
Share your thoughts with us. How do you do social?