- Clean and Simple: The email is free from clutter, making it easy for the eye to travel around. The white space is like a breath of fresh air for our eyes.
- Words are Few: StumbleUpon does an excellent job of getting straight into the message without paragraphs of needless buildup. Email readers are busy and just scan for content to spark their interest.
- Call to Action is Clear: Well, actually it’s yellow. But the message of the Call to Action is clear and the button is impossible to miss. StumbleUpon also took into account readers who don’t download images. When images are off, the button is still yellow. Learn how to make your own button like StumbleUpon’s yellow gem >
- It’s Personal: We all want to be known. StumbleUpon has taken notice of Ben’s preferences. Notice how they included 4 links within his areas of interest. Your StumbleUpon email would look different than Ben’s.
- Connections Available: StumbleUpon ends the email with a link to download their app for Windows 8 and links to their various social sites. Offering other connection points expands their reach and opens additional doors for communication with their readers.
What do you like about StumbleUpon’s example? How can you apply their ideas to your own email communications?