A couple of weeks ago, ReturnPath released its latest Email Intelligence Report. They always put our great information and this report was no exception. The study tracked more than 315,000 email campaigns! [I would not want to be the one to analyze all of that data!] The actual report is pretty long so we thought we’d summarize it for you today.
Here are some of the key learnings from ReturnPath’s report:
- 29% of the email we receive is email newsletters! Consumers continue to sign up to receive them, so marketers like us should continue to send them.
- 21% of our inboxes is made up for replies to other emails. A reminder that we should all monitor our ‘From’ inboxes for responses from our readers.
- 70% of spam complaints are on emails sent by commercial mailers. This means we need to be extra vigilant with our list maintenance and be sure we deliver on what we said we would send.
- 82% of marketing email in the U.S. makes it to the inbox. We can all help up the number by following the advice above.
- Only 76% of non-profit emails sent in the U.S. made it to inboxes. Financial services had the highest showing with 99% of emails seeing the inbox! Retail and consumer products both sit at a comfortable 96%.
What are your thoughts on their findings? How can we as marketers be better email marketers?