We love email…and we love sharing our passion with you. During the month of February aka the “month of love”, we will be featuring one email a day with tips, commentary and more from industry experts.
Day 8: xfinity Uses Horizontal Scrolling to Inspire Reader Engagement
I received this email shortly after the holidays from our cable/internet provider. The email demonstrated how it is okay to break the rules sometimes and offer email recipients something new and refreshing.
- The standard width for an email template is generally 600px for universal compatibility. This email spans to 2200px.
- The email features 25+ links to their website. Almost all text and all images except for the ribbons were linked.
- 9 different colors were used for the entire email.
- Social networks were included twice. Once at the “beginning” and once at the “end”.
- The body text ranged from 16px to 34px size whereas the preheader and footer were set at 11px.
Feeling inspired after today’s email? Tweet us with hashtag #28DaysofEmailLove or email us.
Need assistance with your email template? Contact our creative services division Bright Peak at brightpeak.com or 877-228-8377 option 3.