We love email…and we love sharing our passion with you. During the month of February aka the “month of love”, we will be featuring one email a day with tips, commentary and more from industry experts.
Day 11: UrbanSitter Shows Us How to Follow-Up in Style
Subject Line: Thanks for entering the sweepstakes, here’s a special discount!
Industry: Service Provider, Babysitting
Type of Email: Follow-Up, Promotion
Our blog manager, Audrey Howes, sent along this email from UrbanSitter. She entered a sweepstakes for a free year of babysitting, didn’t win, but UrbanSitter did well in their follow-up post-sweepstakes.
Here’s what works in this email:
- The sender of the email is clear with the UrbanSitter logo in the upper left corner which also shows in the preview screen.
- We see a mix of images and text. The message is clear without downloading the images.
- The message is short and sweet and entices parents to use the offer.
- Including actual sitters in the email gives parents a taste of what they will experience on the site.
- The colors and fonts are very complimentary of their branding.
There are a couple of small things that could use a little work:
- The call to action button is very low in the email and requires a lot of scrolling to find.
- The social media links are great, but would benefit from having icons next to them for easy recognition.
How can you apply some of the tips from today’s inspiration to your own emails?
Feeling inspired after today’s email? Tweet us with hashtag #28DaysofEmailLove or email us.
Need assistance with your email template? Contact our creative services division Bright Peak at brightpeak.com or 877-228-8377 option 3.