We love email…and we love sharing our passion with you. During the month of February aka the “month of love”, we will be featuring one email a day with tips, commentary and more from industry experts.
Day 14: Smartwool Inspires Unique Valentine’s Day Gift
Subject Line: Chocolates? Flowers? SOCKS.
Industry: Retail, Clothing
Type of Email: Promotional
“SOCKS Why not?” – I love clever marketing campaigns, especially when I love their product. Smartwool’s campaign simplifies seasonal gift buying with a simple offer and bold colors. Are you making it easy for your customers to personalize products and order promotion offers? Smartwool provides a great example of what to include in promotions emails…
- PRODUCTS: Simply state what items are on sale upfront and near the top so readers don’t have to search. We know they are selling socks as soon as we open the email.
- BONUSES: Throw in an extra perk like free shipping for quantity purchases.
- HOW: Give readers easy ways to purchase whether it is a direct email or button to your website.
- SIDEBAR: Tell readers what else you offer. If readers are not interested in the offer, they may still be interested in your other products. Don’t let this section overshadow your offer. Smartwool offers this at the bottom of their email with easy shopping links.
- IMAGES: Smartwool is selling socks but there aren’t any socks on the email. Try experimenting with activity driven images that support your products.
- EXCLUSIONS/DISCLAIMERS: Use asterisks to easily mark if your offer is subject to any special terms. Tell your recipients when the offer ends, price, quantity restrictions, and any other pertinent information for your offer.
Feeling inspired after today’s email? Tweet us with hashtag #28DaysofEmailLove or email us.
Need assistance with your email template? Contact our creative services division Bright Peak at brightpeak.com or 877-228-8377 option 3.