Unless you have been living under a rock, you know we are about to begin the March Madness season. March Madness is the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship, a single-elimination college basketball tournament which happens every March. While you may not be a basketball fan, you can use this time to add a little madness to your marketing efforts. Here are some ideas:
- Run a special on a product based on the winner of a certain game. For example, if Colorado State wins run a special on Rocky Mountain goods. If Missouri wins, run a special on lake toys. Tell your customers about your sale via email and social media before the game and after the game to announce the winner and the sale.
- It’s cutting it close, but you could still run a bracket challenge with your customers. Sites such as ESPN and CBS all have free group bracket managers. Offer a prize for the winner of your bracket challenge.
- You could also just invite customers to email you with their predication for the final four or overall winner. Offer a big prize or prizes to those who get it right. Consider using a survey form to collect the responses to make it easier on yourself.
- If you have a restaurant or bar, consider hosting a tournie of your own with foosball, ping ping or darts. Invite your customers to enter the tournament with an email. Post a large bracket in your establishment for other patrons to watch the progress of the tournament.
- Bring in a mini basketball hoop and allow customers to take a shot. If they make it, offer them a discount on their purchase. Alternatively, if they make the shot, enter them in to a drawing for a larger prize.
What is your business doing to make the most of March Madness? Share your ideas in the comments below!