Happy Small Business Week! We know many of you are small business owners or employed by small businesses. We love all of our small business customers and know you are pivotal in the success of our business and the greater economy. Keep doing what you do!
Today we celebrate you by looking at some interesting stats and facts all about small businesses:
- Small businesses employ 49.1% of private sector workers (source)
- 59.1% of entrepreneurs were the first in their family to start a business (source)
- 70% of entrepreneurs used their own savings as their main source of funding (source)
- In the next 5 years, 37% of small businesses will have more than 5 employees (source)
- 13% of U.S. adults are either starting a small business, or are a new small business owner (source)
- 69% of entrepreneurship is conducted at home (source)
- 16% of first generation immigrants are either starting a small business, or are a new small business owner (source)
- In most states, somewhere between 50% and 60% of small businesses do not have websites (source)
- 73% of small businesses are now using social media (source)
- Owners serve as the main marketers for 88% of small businesses (source)
So keep doing what you do! (But please make a website.)
What other stats do you know about Small Businesses? Share them with us!