We originally published this last year during small business week. It continues to be one of our top posts so we thought we’d bring it back for this year’s Small Business Week. You small business professionals have some extraordinary characteristics we want to take a moment and appreciate. Here are the top 10 reasons why we LOVE small businesses! (Psst! Don’t miss the free downloads at the bottom!)
- You are brave! “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” -Peter Drucker
- You are entrepreneurial. That spirit is exciting and contagious!
- You are community driven. The big players don’t get involved in the local community the way you do. You sponsor races, volunteer, give time and resources, and so much more to make our communities better.
- You care about relationships. You don’t hide behind a board of directors or a big name CEO, you are the face of the business and you care about your customers.
- You are unique. No two small business models are the same and you each stand out in your own awesome way.
- You create jobs. Almost 99% of the jobs in the US are created by small businesses (source)!
- You are invested. Every customer matters to you and you do what it takes to keep them happy and keep your business successful.
- You love to learn. We all know you wouldn’t be where you are today without constantly listening and learning.
- You are well-rounded. As a small business you wear many hats and as a result you become experts in all aspects of a successful business.
- You take risks and occasionally stand alone. Well, hopefully not entirely alone, but you definitely have to be willing and able to maintain your decisions and risks on your own two feet.
We know it’s not easy being small, so we’ve prettied-up our top 10 reasons and created several free downloads for you. Go ahead, print it and post it at your desk or make it your computer’s wallpaper. Every time you look at it take a moment to remember why you’re awesome! Thank you for being you and doing what you do!
Now tell us, why do you love small businesses?