I was poking through old posts this week and ran across this one. It is time for a mid-year marketing check-up, so I thought we’d post it again for you! Enjoy!
It’s hard to believe we are already halfway into the year. How’s your marketing working so far? Halfway through the year means we are halfway through our marketing plans, so now’s the time to take a good look at your marketing wellness and make the needed alterations before heading too far in the wrong direction.
To know where you are going, it’s important to look back at where you’ve been. Take some time to review your marketing plan for this year.
- Make note of the marketing initiatives you have completed. Were they successful? Why or why not?
- Take stock of the marketing ideas that never made it to fruition. Why weren’t they initiated?
- List areas of success, semi-success and failure.
- Compile ROI for all of your marketing efforts.
- In terms of ROI, what were you most and least successful campaigns?
Looking back at your marketing plan for the year is an important step in making the remainder of the year a success. It is well worth the time to see what worked and what could work as you move ahead.
In order succeed in marketing you need to be sure you are marketing accurately and to the right audience. First, take some time to reassess your view of your ideal customer and consider their perspective.
- What are they interested in? What do they read, what sites do they like, what companies do they follow, etc.?)
- What are their wants and needs?
- How do they communicate with you and in business? (i.e. social media, email marketing, phone, face to face)
Understanding your customer will help focus your marketing initiatives and ensure you are reaching your ideal target audience.
Want the rest? The answer is YES! Continue reading >